Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Art Bead Scene Design Challenge

I was recently approached by Heather Powers of Art Bead Scene, asking if I'd like to participate in a design challenge. Heather is an amazing polymer clay artist working under the name Humblebeads.


She sent out the same set of beads to several jewelry designers, we all made something with them, and then she posted the results.



The challenge for me was I normally don't work in this color palette. I let the beads sit on my bench for awhile, and then something clicked. Here is what I made...


I used a unique chain that was full of fringy flowers, to mimic the flowers in the pendant, and a combination of carnelian and kyanite to pick up a bit of the muted colors of the pendant. I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out, and am enjoying these challenges, as they've really done a lot for me, forcing me to think outside the box.


To view what the other REALLY talented artists created, just click here.




Lori Anderson designs jewelry for Lori Anderson Designs, and also writes the blog Pretty Things.

5 comments:

  1. I just love your piece. It is perfect for the fourth of July as well! Those stones and that fringe chain are dynamite!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not have thought about mixing those colors but I love them together. What a stunning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing, I truly love it, Lori!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So delicate it looks like a floral lace, lovely! Did you see Cindy's piece? she did ageat job too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly a beautiful piece, I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!