Friday, August 27, 2010

Color Inspiration

Art Bead Scene included me in their Fall Color Inspiration post -- this was one of those times when I accidentally fell on my face right into the "in vogue" color palette of the season!  Usually I just make what I like (and believe me, I like this bracelet and hope a customer does, too!) but I wasn't intentional trying to follow a trend.


In case you're interested, here's the fall color palette for the year:


And here was my accidental contribution, using beads I made myself and polymer clay by Floridity:

So maybe I should be paying more attention to trends.  I think I'll clip the color palette and keep it by my design desk.  I must admit, I keep gravitating to bright colors -- in fact everything I made this morning was colorful and fun.  But trying a few more "trend" pieces and seeing how they're received by my customer base might be an interesting experiment!

I learn something new every day.


Lori Anderson creates jewelry for Lori Anderson Designs.  She write the blog Pretty Things and An Artists Year Off

7 comments:

  1. I think the color palette is fantastic. I love it really a lot. And I was just wondering why I am always sticking to the boring monotone colors. Your bracelet is lovely and special as always.
    Oh and thank you for the baby birthday suggestions on my post. I will surely incorporate them into my planning. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!

    I have been thinking the same thing: I guess I should be paying closer attention to color trends....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not usually drawn to purples but your bracelet has such a pretty mix of beads I really love it. Thanks for posting the fall color trend it helps when I lampwork to decide on colors that my customers might like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous on trend bracelet! Trends are super important and every season I add one accessory to my wardrobe that is trendy! I found the most beautiful scarf the other day and can't wait to wear it!
    Enjoy fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that funny? I thought the same thing about my piece that Heather found on my Flickr page! I made that one as a special request for a client for a mother's day gift for his wife who likes to wear browns and yellows. Hello, trend-setter! Serendipity for sure. And welcome to you too Miss Lori to the ABS contributors. Sweet!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!