Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Going to Art and Soul Hampton, 2011!

If you recall, I said that I was going to Art and Soul this year.  Unfortunately, I had to cancel because I was suffering from a week of migraines.  But my friend Cindy Wimmer of Sweet Bead Studio has convinced me to try it again.


(www.artandsoulretreat.com)


This time, instead of taking journaling classes as I'd planned this year, I chose to take an enameling class with Linda and Opie O'Brien.  I think this will help me stretch myself artistically, as will taking my second enameling class with Barbara Lewis this October.


Are any of you planning to go to the Hampton, VA event?  I know tons of people go to its flagship retreat in Portland, OR, but I hope some of you consider the east coast version.


I'm very excited to continue my journey into the next year!




Lori Anderson creates jewelry for Lori Anderson Designs and also writes the blog Pretty Things.  She can't pass a bookstore without going inside.

4 comments:

  1. Lori,
    I just commented and didn't realize that I was under my son's sign on....d'oh. Sorry, it is Taylor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea - and please tell me about the classes. You are taking from two persons (ok - three,lol) I have never taken from! Wish I could go. But its like your Phili conference - if I stick closer to home its less $. I got spoiled going to Quilt Festival where the classes are $65 for a DAY. Hard to adjust to the cost of the smaller conferences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, if you click the link to Art and Soul, and then click the top tabs, you'll see all the classes -- there are a lot of instructors I'd never heard of before, and lots of techniques I've never heard of, either, including some mixed media things that would translate to your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just had to mention one in Portland. Since that is only a couple hours from me, I will just have to check it out..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!